Social Change Review announces call for papers for Special Edition Summer 2011, Volume 9(1).
Title: Violence against children, young people and women: European perspectives
Special Issue Editors:
Silke Gahleitner – Alice Salomon University of Applied Sciences, Berlin, DE.
Graham Brotherton – Newman University College, Birmingham, UK.
This special edition of Social Change Review invites articles which address issues relating to community responses to domestic violence, violence against children and young people, human trafficking and forced marriage.
Both qualitative and quantitative contributions are welcome. We invite articles with a sociological or interdisciplinary focus which address at least one of the following themes:
• The role of and challenges facing community groups or services in supporting (adult and child) victims of domestic violence, human trafficking or forced marriage
• Violence between children and young people and policy or practice responses
• Human trafficking and its policy and practice consequences
• Forced Marriage and its policy and practice implications
• Service user involvement in the design development and evolution of services responding to domestic violence and related issues
• Access to and pathways through support services for users (and potential users) of services
Priority will be given to those articles that contain original data and/or present new theoretical insights that will have relevance to a wide audience of readers.
The deadline for initial receipt of manuscripts is April 30, 2011. The final notification of acceptance will be made by July 1st, 2011.
More information is available from Graham Brotherton or Silke Gahleitner.
The CfP can be downloaded from here.