Call for papers: “Internet usage. Social capital and life satisfaction” special issue of International Review of Social Research, volume 8, issue 1, May 2018.
Bogdan Voicu (Romanian Academy, Research Institute for Quality of Life and Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu) and
Francesco Sarracino (STATEC, Luxembourg & HSE, Moscow/St.Petersburg).
We invite scholars to submit original papers on the relationship between Internet use (in its various forms, including social media) and social capital and/or life satisfaction. We encourage authors from every discipline and field, to submit both theoretically and methodologically oriented papers dealing with issues such as:
- impact of using electronic communication on participation in face-to-face relations, either informal or formal (e.g. associations);
- analyses on causality of the relationship between Internet uses and social capital;
- impact of using electronic communication on life satisfaction;
- analyses on causality of the relationship between Internet uses and life satisfaction;
- research strategies to investigate the above-mentioned relationships;
- how various uses of internet (social networking sites, web banking, e-shopping, e-learning, etc.) affect social capital and/or life satisfaction;
- cross-sectional or longitudinal analyses of the above-mentioned relationships;
- studies on the use of social media such as Facebook or Twitter are welcome;
- the challenges and benefits of mixing methods to study the impacts of Internet usage.
The editors kindly request authors to submit papers of 4,000 – 8,000 words together with an abstract of no more than 200 words, by July 8th, 2017, to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Prospective inquiries can also be addressed to the editors, in order to see if they find your proposal fits the intended content of the journal. 200-words abstracts (or extended ones) will suffice in this case.
Manuscripts may be uploaded on the editorial platform of the journal, if applicable. Authors are encouraged to contact editor prior to submission, in order to discuss the topic or other details. Prior to submission, please check author guidelines at http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/irsr. The paper proposals will go through the typical double-blind peer-reviewing process.